What are SEO and SEO Consulting Services?SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a critical part of a website's comprehensive development and promotion. There are two different ways for a site to appear in the first positions on search engine results pages (SERPs)—it can happen organically, which can take years or more, or you can hire a Calgary SEO company or external SEO services. Only SEO companies and SEO consulting services can advise you of strategic search queries to use when promoting your site. Overall, SEO consulting services will help you to increase the visibility and attendance on your website and furthermore help boost the success of your business. Undoubtedly, the higher the position of a site on a Google search results page, the more users will go to it. You also gain the trust and loyalty of customers online and in real life when they can easily find you online.
What Are SEO Companies and SEO Consulting Services?An SEO Company can help your website become more visible, accessible, and successful online. Business owners or anyone looking to promote their website can hire local SEO and external SEO services. Whether it's a regional search in Calgary or a topical search where you're hoping to rank the highest, hiring professional Calgary SEO services or other local SEO services is a critical step in the success of your website and business. Google and other search engines use complex and ever-changing algorithms to ensure that their users find the quality content they are looking for without being inundated with spam. Spam is essentially paid advertising or content that will clutter your search results and is not relevant to a user's search queries. Google’s search algorithms are designed to filter content that has built itself up organically, meaning content that has developed popularity because it is authentically useful, relevant, or popular in the real world. SEO company Calgary services use strategic methods to simulate this organic growth of online popularity (higher Google rankings) in a much shorter amount of time. As business owners know, sometimes it can take years to establish a following or solid customer base—the same goes for pages online. When done professionally, the work of an SEO company will save a webpage owner time and money whilst ensuring that a site is not considered spam by Google robots. Here’s a tip! Make sure you check out the previous clients and successes of an SEO company. Online marketing companies that advertise as spam may seem like a cheap alternative; however, their services can actually hurt a site and a business if they are flagged as spam.
How Do Professional Calgary SEO Services Work?Quite simply, optimization rules are set by search engines and are constantly changing. Each search engine, such as Google, will use and regularly change its own ranking algorithms. Ultimately, search engines are trying to best match their users’ selection of keywords with the resource for which they are searching. Good SEO companies such as to-the-top.ca Calgary SEO agency knows this information and will use its competence to help your page rank highly. Because the world is always changing, new businesses come and go, events pages are updated regularly, and local SEO rankings change. Search engines have the tough job of sorting through endless data to find users the most relevant and useful results. The best Calgary SEO agencies make it their job to create effective Calgary SEO campaign strategies despite these changes. In order to do this, Google will account for external SEO ranking factors when deciphering content, such as how many times the searched keywords appear on a page, the number of times other websites refer to this page, how long users stayed on the page, and more. Ultimately, the magic formula to get your website a high ranking is kept secret. Google does this to prevent spam or fraudulently promoted pages from taking advantage of the ranking formulas. All that being said, expert SEO companies constantly remain up to date and know which factors are most important. By using these strategic tricks, it is possible to improve the position of a website in a strategic and timely way.
Can SEO consulting services grow my business?Yes! Hiring an SEO expert in Calgary is an excellent way to increase targeted traffic and conversion rates and let potential customers find your business on search engines. SEO consulting services can improve SEO landing pages to rank higher on search engines, making your web pages and businesses more visible.
What are ways that expert SEO services and other SEO companies optimize websites?Here are some examples of how SEO consulting services can improve SEO landing pages through improving SEO keyword density and other strategies:
- Choosing strategic keywords – Through careful analysis of the search history of millions of users, the right keywords can make a huge difference.
- Improving relevance through proper organization of pages – By structuring the page organization on a website in a way that increases its searchability and relevance, websites have a far better chance of being seen as the right match for a query in a search engine.
- Providing or restructuring the content of your website – The descriptions and body text on a web page are important components. How often keywords appear on a webpage is one way a site is determined useful and ranked higher.
- Showing the full extent of your business offerings online – Specific descriptions of your products and services are important. Coffee or photography, for example, can offer a number of different services—by only writing “Photography” with very little content on a web page, Google will rank this site lower than a company that describes, in detail, all of its services (e.g., “Wedding Photography, Portraits, Real Estate Photography”).
- Coding pages for SEO optimization – The “back end” structure of a website plays a huge role in the ranking of a page—a poorly created, organized, or coded webpage will confuse Google and hurt the site's chances of being ranked.
- External factors beyond the page itself – How often do other trusted websites promote, mention, or refer to your website? The more “popular” you are with other quality sites the better! SEO can help make this happen.
What is internal SEO optimization?Internal optimization is work done to an actual website or webpage to improve its chances of being ranked. The following are examples of internal SEO optimization:
- Professional Calgary SEO services can help compile the semantic core by selecting keywords to promote.
- Many Calgary SEO companies can help with the improvement of the internal structure of the resource.
- The elimination of technical errors, such as duplicate pages and broken links, to increase the speed of site loading.
- The continuous improvement of the technical usability of the website, such as loading time, mobile view fixes, etc.
- The relevance of the pages increases to match the user's preference.
- Good SEO companies also do image optimization.
- Providing internal linking to improve the cohesion of your website as a whole and individual landing pages.
What is external SEO optimization?“You know a man by the company he keeps” is a good adage that is commonly used to describe how Google logarithms work. For Google, this means that the more prominent pages frequently mention, reference, or link to you, the better your website is. Simply put, external endorsement is crucial for a website in getting a higher ranking. External SEO optimization is the buildup of the reference network, by getting links from other sites to your site. In real life, having a celebrity genuinely endorse your product is a great way to grow your following—the higher the profile of the celebrity, the better. The same goes for online content; however, paying to have your website promoted is essentially spam, isn’t it? Totally! So, this must be done by a professional to avoid getting your site flagged, or worse, getting shut down. But beware that because Google is diligently filtering spam content, websites that offer cheap links can actually hurt the reputation of your website! To increase the organic awareness of your site by other sites and to grow a quality reference network, an SEO website will provide you with the following:
- An SEO website will continuously publish fresh, relevant, and interesting information that your targeted users will naturally consume and share.
- External SEO optimization will register your website in various search engines, catalogs, and relevant databases.
- It will exchange links with popular and high-quality resources.
- It will provide quality and strategically placed press releases in the form of blogs, updates, and posts.
- Many Calgary SEO companies will stimulate and provide continuous activity on relevant forums and blogs.
Are SEO services even allowed by Google?It is true that Google is constantly trying to filter content, and paid promotions are consistently seen as spam and thus flagged. However, current SEO services by SEO specialists follow an unwritten code of conduct to avoid running into conflicts. Ultimately, even the best SEO experts are accountable to the search engines themselves. Unprofessional companies that offer discounted links or spammy materials are swiftly flagged and punished; however, professional SEO companies conventionally divide optimization methods into three categories.
|White-hat optimization - work on the resource without using officially prohibited methods of promotion, which could affect the search algorithms.||Gray methods are not officially banned, but their use can be regarded as an unnatural overstatement of popularity. Some search engines block such sites.||Black-hat optimization includes methods that are contrary to the rules. The risk to get under the filters and sanctions of search engines is very high.|
What is PPC and how is it different from Calgary SEO work?PPC stands for Pay-Per-Click, it is a form of paid online advertising, where companies looking to promote their site in search of customers are given top positions in exchange for paying a small fee every time their website is clicked on. Simply put, it’s a quick and easy way to buy visitors to your website instead of building up a following organically. You may have heard of Google AdWords, for example. This is one of the most commonly known and popular forms of PPC. It allows advertisers to bid for ad placement on the select few sponsored links that appear at the top of a search result. Ever notice the word “Ad” in a little green box beside the link to a website? That’s Google AdWords. These positions are filled by a complex bidding process where Google considers the amount an advertiser is willing to pay per click and how relevant, useful and liked the website content is for users. PPC can be a useful, quick, and easy way to promote a website. However, it can also be very costly—this is how search engines generate revenue after all. PPC is also an art in itself, spending lots of money on advertising without doing solid and exhaustive keyword research can be a complete waste of money. It’s a good idea to idea to consult an SEO specialist prior to getting too excited about promoting your website through the PPC method. Here’s a summary of some of the important differences between SEO and PPC.
|Appearing at the top of a Google Search||- Can take months or even years for certain sites to get to the top||+ Instant results|
|Budget vs. Results||+ With an SEO, you’ll have a clearer idea of how much it will cost to promote your site over time. However, if the amount of visitors exceed your expectations, the price is the same.||- The more visitors to your page, the more you pay.|
|Flexibility||- An SEO Expert will give you a strategy and will conduct their promotions based on your targeted keywords||+ You can change the keywords and strategy of your campaign instantly and as often as you’d like|
|Aftereffects||+ The results of expertly conducted SEO work will have a lasting effect on your position and your business. Organic traffic continues to flow even after completion of work.||- When the advertising campaign stops, the flow of clients stops.|
|Trust||+ Users are more likely to trust a website that has grown organically or promoted through the work of a professional SEO||- Users have a natural distaste for blatant online advertisements and can hurt the reputation of a company|
|Guarantees||- With SEO work, there are no guarantees for the world online is always changing||+ Fixed positions are guaranteed as long as you continue to pay for your position|
What tools do professional Calgary SEO services use to organically grow the ranking of a website?It’s important to keep in mind that many Calgary SEO experts can’t do their job without the cooperation of a whole team of people and a pool of resources. Analyzing and building a strategic keyword structure makes use of many analytic tools. Optimal content is usually written by experts who are guided and directed by SEO experts to effectively display its relevance to the right keyword searches. And most importantly, building an online network requires many different players and resources. Here are some examples of tools that an SEO company would use:
- Screaming Frog SEO Spider - A desktop program available by subscription, used for scanning websites to provide technical reporting.
- Plagiarism Checker - A free online service used for checking the uniqueness of the text, helping to avoid plagiarism.
- Semrush.com - A paid service used for researching competitors' websites.
- Serpstat.com - A paid multifunctional service that allows you to monitor positions, analyze backlinks and key phrases, audit, and analyze competitors.
- Ahrefs.com - A paid service for analyzing the link profile of a website (links from external sites to your website).
- Whoishostingthis.com - A free hosting verification service.
- Builtwith.com - A service that provides the main technical characteristics of a website.
Why is it important to hire professional SEO services?There are many reasons why hiring a professional is crucial for the success of your business online. These experts use a technical SEO strategy and tools that not everyone has access to. Of course, there are free online tools, but they aren't especially valuable in creating high-ranking pages. SEO marketing requires knowledge and access to resources that only SEO experts and teams can provide.
Top 5 things to consider when hiring an SEO expert or local SEO services
1. Being reputable online is important to your existing customersThe fact of the matter is that we live in a digital age. Even if you have a strong customer base, having a strong online brand presence is important for establishing and maintaining credibility with your customers. We expect that the digital versions of ourselves are correlated with reality, especially in the world of business. Having a poorly made or poorly ranked web page reflects badly on your reputation as a company and can hurt the trust of even your most loyal customers. Expert SEO services can help you build your digital image to complement your real-life performance and how your customer base perceives your brand.
2. SEO services will make you more visible to people who need your servicesHave you considered that in your area, there are customers searching online for the exact products and services you offer on a daily basis? Maybe they are current customers of one of your competitors but are unsatisfied and looking for you. Many people make purchasing decisions in the comfort of their own homes. Even people in Calgary, AB may drive past your business every day but not choose to stop in until they see your name at the top of an online Google search. If that’s the case, you can use SEO services to allow customers to see your rank online.
3. A Calgary SEO team can help you online and offlineBuilding a website is much like building the identity of your business. Going through the process of choosing your target audience, based on real data of what people are searching, can help you see areas where you can grow. Maybe there are products and services people want that you could offer but just never thought of. Additionally, writing and designing the purpose and face of your company can help guide your actions in real life.
4. A Calgary SEO team can connect you to other businesses, which can open new opportunitiesWe all know that in the free market, competition is the fuel for innovation. However, cooperation can also promote growth, especially online. Building a network online through links, content, and connections not only promotes your website, but can also put you in touch with a great network of other successful businesses in your field or related fields.
5. SEO marketing pays for itselfSEO consultancy may cost money, but the increase in leads generated and business coming in will give you a quick ROI. In the real world, building a customer base can take years. Simply relying on referrals is inconsistent and unreliable and can result in tons of lost revenue or giveaways that never pay off. The digital world works at a much faster rate. And if you do it right, you will gain more. Isn’t making money and growing your business the whole reason you started one in the first place? Then what are you waiting for? Call Calgary SEO services now!
Five Factors to Consider When Hiring SEO Consultancy Services
- Where is the SEO Company’s website ranked?
- Was it advertised to you as a Pay-per-click or Google Ad?
- How can you trust that they will not just do the same to your website?
- Do they comply with Google Penguin Algorithm updates and how?If you are not sure, or it’s not explicitly stated on their website. ASK! If they don’t immediately start talking your ear off about all the requirements, they don’t know what they’re talking about.
- What other website have they successfully ranked?Always ask an SEO Company for some examples of their previous clients. Building a reputation online for an SEO is everything, do your homework before you start spending your hard-earned money for nothing.
Why is Calgary SEO work so expensive?
The best Calgary SEO agencies are expensive because they take many hours of research, creative output, and skilled labor.Hopefully, the information available on my website has given you a better idea of the amount of work involved in getting a website to the top. The fact of the matter is, many factors, people, and hours are involved in optimizing and linking a website. And because our company is located in Calgary, Canada, we can't live off a $5/hour job.
Cheaper local SEO services mean lower-quality work that could hurt your website and end up costing you more in the long run.Like most products on the market, the price is often correlated to the quality of the product. Cheap copywriters may create material that is not relevant to your business (e.g., it has spelling errors or is optimizing your site for the wrong keywords). Furthermore, cheap services offering discounted backlinks not only will not get you the traffic you’re looking for, but they also have the potential to damage the credibility of your site, resulting in a flagged, or worse, banned website. Expert SEO services will provide legal and premium services you cannot find in cheap alternatives.
Advertising is expensive, especially for an honest Calgary SEO agency like ours.More traditional methods of advertising are often cost prohibitive for the average small business. A bus stop advertisement on a busy street in Calgary, for example, as well as murals and billboards can be hundreds of dollars per month. Even a small ad in a magazine can be over hundred dollars for a single issue. Pay per click can cause you to spend your entire marketing budget on accidental traffic with no return and cost you losing the trust of your potential customers. At the end of the day, SEO work can seem expensive, but the lasting and tangible effects on your business are worth it. Send us an inquiry and we will figure out a way to work with your budget and get you results that matter in today’s digital age.
As one of the best Calgary SEO agencies, we offer scaled price packages to fit any budget.Here at To-The-Top, we understand what it’s like to be running a start-up or business on a budget, which is why we offer customizable packages that give you the tools, guidance and coaching you need to optimize your site on any budget. You can save both time and money by purchasing one of our SEO Private Coaching packages. We’ll do the research and give you clear directions, and by doing the upgrades yourself and making changes to your website the right way, the first time, you’ll reap the same benefits for a fraction of the price.
Hiring To-The-Top.ca Calgary SEO agency will pay for itself in the long run.It’s important to consider that not appearing in a search engine is having negative effects on your business that you may not even realize. Don’t lose the trust of your customers, don’t miss out on attracting new customers and don’t let any more time pass you by. Get started today—money spent on SEO is money well spent!
Can I promote my website without hiring a Calgary SEO company? How?You can promote your website without hiring SEO services, and we can help. Check out one of our personalized SEO training packages, and we will provide you with the research data you need to get started. We’ll also give you personalized tips and instructions to fix your site, write effective and optimized content, and start building an online network. Even if you choose not to work with us, we hope that some of the things you learn on our site will help you get off to a good start when it comes to your online marketing.
Why do you need to pay extra for premium content?Having top-notch content and rich media is one of the easiest steps to please Google and get your site ranked. The more unique information you have, the higher your chances for better rankings are. However, merely writing without any content marketing strategy “just for the sake of it” isn’t the best idea. Ideally, you should invest hours and hours on multiple stages of writing an article. You have to work on good keyword research and density, optimize title and meta descriptions, and many other little factors that add up to a big part of your SEO success.
At To-The-TOP!, the top Calgary SEO services provider, we prioritize content, as it’s become more important than ever before, and come up with content marketing strategies that will best suit your goals.
How important is web design for SEO marketing?While user experience is one of Google's top priorities, this shouldn’t be your primary focus. Clean and feature-rich websites are awesome and visitors love them. However, there is no point in perfecting the design if you won’t be able to get targeted traffic to your website to enjoy it.
Web design is not a significant ranking factor in SEO. Most trusted SEO vets would tell you that link building and content are the main priority, which is true. These 2 factors make up over 90% of the website’s ability to rank.
Does the company do web development?We do not focus on web development. Instead, we specialize in one thing—SEO, which is probably the most vital aspect of keeping a business afloat and helping it rise to the top! If you have a business in Calgary, unparalleled SEO techniques are the only option if you want to gain more customers.
Are you considered a marketing agency?Yes and no. To-The-Top is considered a digital marketing agency; however, out of numerous online marketing strategies our team of experts utilizes quality SEO content, which is unconventional to other marketing plans. SEO is a strategy that uses a different approach to put your page at the top of the search results based on Google’s search engine algorithm.
What SEO strategies does To-The-TOP.ca Calgary SEO agency uses?There is no one-for-all solution when it comes to ranking a website, as it depends on tens, if not hundreds, of little factors. Wouldn’t it be nice to have a go-to Calgary SEO strategy? Unfortunately, there is no such thing. Each website has to be analyzed with various software applications to check the current “health status” of the target website, backlink profile, competition, and many other things. The following SEO content will come from us with the use of tools that makes us the BEST SEO COMPANY in Calgary. We use tools for SEO keyword research to make SEO content look and be more helpful to those in need, especially a business without an online presence.
This seems like a lot of work, but it pays off. With properly developed (and executed) SEO strategy, the website will have an ability to rank even for the most competitive keywords.
What is included in the SEO package?The company offers SEO packages that consist of content for landing pages and web pages that are optimized, natural backlinks, website audits and adjustments according to Google's latest guide. Our team of SEO experts can help you with your SEO needs, whether it is simple on-page SEO or technical SEO requirements. SEO Company To-The-Top! is one of the best SEO collectives in Calgary, AB and, as the name suggests, our SEO package can put your website “to the top” with the use of White Hat marketing and high-quality content.
Do we do llocal Calgary SEO?Of course, we offer the local service Calgary SEO needs. Calgary and Alberta SEO are, in fact, To-The-TOP.ca specialties. It involves different strategies, from simply building links for a blog that includes listing your business in various industry-related directories to optimizing your Google Business page, constantly monitoring the rankings in the local search results, and more.
We have the expertise in Calgary and Alberta SEO to help you not only rank for competitive keywords but dominate the search results in your niche.
Why is SEO one of the best marketing strategies these days?SEO is much more complicated than paid advertising (also known as pay per click) and doesn’t bring in results nearly as fast. It seems like the winner here is PPC, right? Well, not quite. PPC has a much lower ROI, as you keep paying to bring in clients. The second you stop giving Google (or any other search or social platform) money, the flow of visitors stop abruptly. Doesn’t seem like the better internet marketing strategy anymore, does it?
With SEO, you make sure to invest your money long-term and drive continuous business, making it one of the best online advertising strategy for Calgary businesses. While the initial costs may be higher, over time, you’ll notice how SEO ends up being a small fraction of what you’d pay to search engines and social media giants to get similar results.
Are Calgary SEO strategies different from other locations?Calgary is the biggest and most populated city in Alberta. As a result, SEO in Calgary is very competitive. With over 50,000 businesses around the city trying to get a significant share of the market, you need to focus on your online presence as much as possible.
And what’s the best way to get noticed? By growing the online visibility of the business. What’s the point of having the best services if nobody can find them? Earlier, we mentioned that SEO brings in the highest long-term ROI. While the local competition is fiercer than ever, a properly planned and executed local SEO strategy will help you achieve the results you’re looking for. SEO services specific to your needs are always the best way to go when it comes to SEO linking strategies and more.
What’s the difference between SEO and marketing service agencies?There is no distinct line between the two. Digital marketing is like an onion—it has layers upon layers of various aspects. They can both help you with proper SEO website architecture by building your site from the ground up. If you live in Calgary, a local Calgary SEO company would be your best option since they focus more on local SEO services.
In general, however, marketing strategies focus more on social media and client exposure. This includes online presence management, press releases, local events, and so on. The best Calgary SEO experts focus on marketing through SEO techniques. And there are many ways Calgary SEO companies can help you.
SEO services agencies, on the other hand, dedicate most of their effort to getting your website and business more noticeable in the eyes of local SEO Google and other search engines. This is an indirect way to get people to find out about your company. The best part is that search engine traffic is much more targeted, which results in more clients and sales.